Physical Health — Comprised of various activities that help nourish, exercise, and balance the body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJ) – Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Romans 12:1 (NLV) – And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him
1 Corinthians 9:24 (NKJ) – Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
Some activities to help transform your Body
- Walking / Jogging
- Fitness class
- Strength training
- Increase water intake daily
- Increase fruits & vegetables intake daily
Featured Health Articles:
Even a relatively nutritious diet can deliver inadequate amounts of fiber. Learn why it’s so critical to your health — and which foods are high in fiber.
Exercise can play a key role in managing your chronic pain, research has even shown it can reverse and reduce pain.
As a follow-up from the “What’s the 411 on Sugar?” workshop, please read this great article:
How to do a Burpee: Beginner – 8 Burpees
How to do a Burpee: Intermediate – 12 Burpees
How to do a Burpee: Advance – 15 Burpees
How to do a Plank: Beginner – Hold for 60 seconds
1. Forearm plank on knees with feet down.
2. Forearm plank on knees with feet up.
3. Plank on hands – on knees with feet down.
4. Plank on hands – on knees with feet up.
How to do a Plank: Intermediate – Hold for 90 seconds
1. Forearm plank on toes.
2. Full plank on hands and toes.
How to do a Plank: Advance – Hold for 2 minutes
1. Side plank feet stacked.
2. Plank with feet on fitness ball toes pointed hands on floor.
3. Plank with feet on fitness ball toes flexed hands on floor.
4. Single leg plank hands on floor.
Meet the Instructors
I’m John McClure. My focus is to inspire and encourage you along this journey to a healthier lifestyle. Serving now as a personal trainer for 3 years, my mission is for individuals to receive Bold Outcomes while Obtaining Transformation.
For the Challenge, John teaches Bootcamp
Ieshia currently holds certifications in Personal Training and Group Fitness. She is the creator of Sole To Soul Dance Fitness, a dance fitness program for EVERYBODY and Every BODY in mind. Her motto is, if you can do a two-step, make it be the best two-step and Let Go, Be Free and Dance from Sole To Soul.
For the Challenge, Ieshia teaches Hip-Hop
Pamela M. Turner is the owner and president of TurneRound Fitness, LLC, and certified by ISSA. She is the author of ‘Get Your Life Back : 21 Days to Healthy Living and Thinking’ and has a daily segment ‘Living Well with Pamela’ on iWorship96 FM radio and youtube Talk Show Total Woman. Pamela educates and motivates her clients through her unique style of coaching that helps to bridge the gap between health and fitness.
Activity Levels Overview
- Individual with less than 6 months experience or who is not currently exercising.
- Frequency goal: 20-30 minutes of exercise, 2-3 times per week
- Focus on proper body mechanics and learn body awareness to improve joint stability and mobility.
- Individual with more than 6 months of consistent experience.
- Frequency goal: 30-45 minutes of exercise, 4-5 times per week
- Focus on improving aerobic efficiency through interval type training, weight training etc.
- Individuals with knowledge of proper exercise form, and understand a variety of workout styles to suit their goals.
- Individual with more than 3 years of consistent experience or more.
- Frequency goal: 45-60 minutes of exercise, 6+ times per week
- Focus on increased strength, power, speed, and extra intensity to achieve added results.